The British Copyright Council (BCC) represents those who create, hold interests, or manage rights in literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works. The following AI repository has been developed with our membership which include professional associations, industry bodies and trade unions which collectively represents the voices of over 500,000 creators, spanning the creative industries. The aim of this repository is to simply collate the emerging body of work on AI and copyright from across the creative sector. The inclusion of work does not serve as a formal BCC endorsement.
That being said, we do reiterate the importance to foster transparency over how creative works can be ingested and adapted throughout AI related processes will be increasingly important. IP licensing safeguards remain vital to protect against the unfair use and devaluation of copyright protected work and that this can best be accomplished by respecting existing UK copyright and related rights laws.
British Copyright Council
- 2023: Briefing on AI: Where is the art in artificial intelligence?
- 2023: A pro-innovation approach to AI regulation Draft Response
- 2023: House of Lords Governance of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Response
- 2022: Response to IPO Consultation on AI
- 2020: Response to IPO call for views on Artificial Intelligence: Copyright & related rights
- The Copyright Alliance: AI and Copyright General Statement
- Creators’ Rights Alliance: Artificial Intelligence and Creative Work
- News Media Alliance: Global Principles on Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Authors & Publishers
- The Society of Authors: Where we stand on AI
- The Authors Alliance: Copyright and Generative AI- Our views today
- News Media Alliance: Global AI Principles to protect publishers’ copyright
- The Publishers Association, Society of Authors, Association of Authors Agents and ALCS: joint statement on Artificial Intelligence
- The Association of Photographers Position On: AI Generative Content + Image-based Competitions
- The Association of Photographers Position On: AI Generative Content Programs + Text & Data Mining
- CLA: Principles for Copyright and Generative AI
- Authors’ Licensing and Collecting Society: Authors and AI Principles